Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Winter Gardening with Chickens - Part 2

Well, so much for my chicken divider! The little buggars could see that lone broccoli seedling and found a way to the other side. The seedling didn't stand a chance! By the time I realized they were out, they had already completely turned the entire other side of the garden. On the bright side, none of the weed sprouts stood a chance either. They picked that garden clean.

I wasn't sure if any of the green pea seeds were left uneaten after their romp on the "other side", but over the last couple of days I've seen a couple of seeds start to sprout. I'll probably lay out a few more just for good measure.

Over the weekend, I planted 2 more broccoli sprouts and re-fortified the dividing fence. We'll see how that works out. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment