Sunday, October 10, 2010

Purple green beans, chard, and oregano

The purple green beans are producing well. I love that the purple beans are so easy to see on the bush. They are a little less crisp than traditional green bean and cook in less time. They still taste great. When I cut the ends off, I was surprised to see the insides were green, even before cooking.

I harvested my first batch of chard and cooked it up. I liked it, but Joe didn't. Oh well!

Finally, the oregano filled out. I harvested an entire basket, dried, and crushed it.

 Best I can tell, all of these should keep producing at least until the first frost.

The lima beans are loaded with pods, but they don't seem to be filling out. I'm not sure what the problem is but it doesn't seem to be deterring the local gopher who likes to take a bite out of every pod on the bush!

No comments:

Post a Comment