Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ruby has definitely bonded!

It took a long time, but I do believe, Ruby has finally bonded to me! Maybe it was the tomatoes... she loves colorful food. Now, whenever I come out, she comes to greet me. And she'll even climb on my hand. If I scoop her up, she just sits in my hand with her feet and wings dangling. She likes to peck at any shiny buttons or pins I might be wearing.

Today, when I picked her up to move her to the henhouse, I have NO idea how she ended up like this in my hand, but she just kept sitting there. I even went to pick up the camera and take a picture... she still just sat there. Very funny.

I highly recommend feeding the hens by hand every day. They always had food in the pen, but I also brought out fresh food and a treat at least once a day. I'm pretty sure that's ultimately what bonded her to me. I'm so glad she finally came around. I was concerned about how mean she was in the beginning... and now she's such a sweetie! I just love her...

No comments:

Post a Comment