Saturday, April 17, 2010

Neighbors have beautiful gardens

Both of my neighbors have beautiful flower gardens. The wheelbarrow full of pansies is my neighbor, Diane.

The irises and the tall purple flowers are my neighbor, Tori. The tall purple ones are on a a single bush type plant. It is about 6 feet tall. Each of the purple blooms are about 12 inches tall. They don't smell, but they sure are pretty. I think she told me they are from the beach, but I have no idea how she's getting them to grow in our arid conditions.

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do a wheelbarrow garden. That's gorgeous. Is the blue spiky flower a lupine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely not a lupine. I'll try to ask her what it is. I know she told me once, but it didn't stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I asked Tori what the big purple plant was. She said it's a "Pride of Madeira". Here's a link to the info: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1940/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. On a side note, I LOVE Daves Garden. I have been a member there for years, and joined the new site that Dave started after he sold the rights to Daves Garden then got ousted.

    ReplyDelete