Monday, March 1, 2010

4 New Babies!

I took the plunge today and adopted 4 baby chickens into our family. I am still working on the chicken coop in the backyard, but they won't need it for at least a month and it will be finished by then. The drive home with them was about 45 minutes. They cheeped loudly for about the first 20 minutes, but then it got really quiet. Great! I've only had them 20 minutes and I've already killed them... no relax, I'm sure they're fine!

I would have pulled over to check, but I was on the freeway with nowhere to stop. When I got home and looked in the box to check on them... they were all piled up in a corner sound asleep. I carried the box in the house... still asleep. I guess travelling must take alot out of chickens!

They sleep face down. They look dead, but they're really ok.


Today they are 2 weeks old. They fit in the palm of your hand. Their feathers have just started to come in and their trying to figure out what to do with their wings. They have not told me their names yet. I'll let you know when they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment